Anyone who has ever cared for a puppy knows that it's a lot like having a new baby. Think long nights, hours of crying (and trying to figure out what that crying means), lots and lots of clean-up. Just like new moms, "puppy moms" need pampering time, too!
I recently made a gift set for a new mom (and her puppy) and I got thinking: why don't we have Puppy Showers? When you're "expecting" the pitter-patter of four little feet, why wouldn't you want to celebrate? There are lots of things the new puppy parents need. Here's what you could include for gifts:
- food dish (use this instead of a basket or box for the base of your gift)
- puppy "potty" training gear
- balls and squeak toys
- treats for training (make sure they're okay for puppies)
- treats for "mom"...a little pedicure set would be perfect for a "time out"
Our tags have puppies with pacifiers--and so do our puppy shower invitations, stickers, and tote bags. (I even made T-shirts because I just like this little puppy!) If you're planning a puppy shower, or you just want to express your Puppy Love, you can see all of the puppy gifts and notes here!
Most of these gifts would be great for someone adopting an older dog from the shelter, too.
Here are some other doggy products that would make great gifts:
- Pet wash and fur freshener from Dirty Dog Organics
- Dog toys and accessories by Wags and Wiggles
- Dog collars and leashes from MacKenzie Couture Accessories
- Personalized stationery and accessories by Lydia & Pugs
Have you ever been to a puppy shower? What types of gifts do you give to the "new mom" adopting a fur kid?